British Chambers of Commerce
The BCC is the UK’s most representative business network, with accredited chambers in every locality in the UK.
BCC is a founding partner of Zero Carbon Business.
Why net zero is important for small businesses
The UK government is committed to reaching net zero emissions by 2050. There is a growing expectation that customers and government regulations will require you to reduce your carbon footprint. Small businesses in every sector can play a vital role.
By switching to renewable energy or using electric vehicles you can cut your emissions and save money on energy and fuel. By tracking and sharing progress you can attract investors, customers and employees who value climate action.
Top links for small businesses
- Plan your net zero journey: get tailored advice
- What is net zero?
- Reporting and reducing emissions: what you must do
- Electric vehicles: Everything you need to know
- Switching to renewable energy
- Grants and support
Scottish food processing company installed energy efficiency measures and made savings of £30,000
More from Zero Carbon Business
- Calculate your carbon emissions
- Track and share your carbon emissions
- Reducing supply chain emissions
- Reducing waste