We must reach net-zero carbon emissions globally by 2050 to limit global warming to manageable levels.
This means rapidly reducing the emissions being released into the Earth’s atmosphere and removing greenhouse gases to avoid dangerous climate change.
By reducing carbon emissions and moving to net zero, your business can:
- cut energy and transport costs
- qualify for tax benefits
- meet environmental regulations
- attract new customers and investors
- help those in your supply chain meet new targets
- attract and retain employees who care about the environment
What you can do
Reduce your carbon footprint
- reduce the impact of transport
- recycle more and reduce waste
- switch to renewable energy
- improve insulation at your workplace
- use electric vehicles
- find a greener supply chain
Offset your emissions
Make up for unavoidable emissions by paying for them to be reduced elsewhere. This can be done through carbon offsetting or carbon credits.
Track your progress
- Calculate emissions using a carbon calculator.
- Set a target based on your calculations.
- Share your progress on your website.
Help and support
There is both free and paid help available. For example, you could: